Meet Dr. Gurash
ACTion Based Change & Balanced Behavior Solutions
Hi, I’m Dr. Nicole Gurash…
Most of my clients call me Dr. G. If you have found yourself landing on this page, you are likely wanting to get to know more about me, if I will understand your situation and the challenges you are facing. You are probably wondering if I am the best fit for you, your child, or your family while working towards restoring a sense of peace to daily life. Most of my clients come to me to help them navigate parenting their neurodivergent child with ASD/ADHD, to learn to manage their anxiety/OCD, work on relationship issues with their neurodivergent partner, and work with the whole family to support peaceful and loving family relationships. Finding the right therapist for you is important. Please contact me for a free 30-minute phone consultation so you can determine if I am the best fit for meeting your therapy goals.
My therapy approach has been described as responsive, patient, genuine, and kind. Sessions are action-oriented, strengths based, and solutions focused. Together, we will create attainable goals, develop coping skills, and problem solve together.
I work from the most recent and proven, evidence-based research in the field. I bring extensive experience in mindfulness and compassion focused behavior therapy to my approach. My work centers on helping individuals settle into life’s stuck moments, choosing a direction while learning new skills, and then taking action towards living a life they value.
Helping you move forward...
The work I do is primarily grounded in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), which is an evidenced-based form of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) that focuses on positive behavior change strategies while incorporating mindfulness. I also use a family systems and relational approach in my work. This means that while learning new behaviors and coping skills, we will also focus on increasing flexibility, perspective taking, self-awareness, mindfulness skills, emotional regulation skills, social skills and reduce stress. In addition, we will identify personal values to support meaningful and sustainable behavior change to improve one’s life and promote healthy relationships.
Essentially in my therapy tool box, I can offer a broad range of evidence-based therapy approaches to treatment. Therapy sessions will be individualized to include any of the following therapeutic interventions:
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Behavioral Activation
- Exposure Based Therapies and ERP (Exposure Response Prevention): for all forms of anxiety and OCD
- Habit Reversal Training (for tic disorders and other repetitive behaviors)
- Family Systems Therapy
- Mindfulness Skills Training
- Parent Coaching
- School Consultations
- Social Skills Training
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Behavior Plans for Home, Community and School
It is always my goal to bring compassion, kindness, and a bit of humor to each of our visits. With my integration of mindfulness skills, we start and end our sessions with the intentions of feeling grounded, present, and informed. My passion is helping individuals, parents, couples and families move forward in a positive way. I understand that finding the right therapist for you is important. Please contact me for your free 30-minute phone consultation
- Bachelors: Psychology and Education (Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles)
- Masters: Early Childhood Special Education (CU Denver)
- Post Graduate: Applied Behavior Analysis (CU Denver)
- Doctorate: Clinical Psychology; Summa Cum Laude (California Southern University)
- Post Doctoral: Marriage and Family Therapy; MFT (Denver Family Institute: AAMFT Accredited Program)
- Private Practice since 2013
- Community Mental Health
- Post Doctoral: Marriage and Family Therapy; MFT Internship (Denver Family Institute)
- Adjunct Graduate Psychology Professor (Applied Behavior Analysis)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Research
- Early Intervention and Early Childhood Programs
- General and Special Education Classrooms
- Colorado Head Start/CPP Early Childhood Family Services
- Home-Community Based ABA Settings